The Z-Plasty and W-Plasty reconstructive treatments refer to the two of the most trending scar healing surgeries. The treatments involve the use of special skin flaps to lighten the linear contracture scars and reduce the intensity of skin tension caused by scar tissues. Precisely, both of these are plastic surgery techniques intended to lower the scar appearance on any part of your skin.
Z-Plasty scar revision and W-Plasty scar revision are two versatile plastic surgery methods meant for improving the cosmetic and functional appearance of scars. Both of these work by aligning a scar with natural skin folds or the lines of skin tension.
These excisional revision techniques use skin flaps to diminish the appearance of scars. As the name suggests, Z-Plasty includes creating a Z-shaped skin flap while in W-Plasty, the W-shaped flaps are taken.
Scar Healing Institute is not a mere scar removal laser clinic in California. It’s a center for exclusive scar revision treatments that has embraced compassionate healthcare model.
Below is a step-by-step procedure of how the Z-Plasty Scar Revision surgery is performed at Scar Healing Institute, the best scar treatment clinic in California:
• Step 1: At first, the expert assesses the scar’s morphology, location, and depth. This is mainly to determine which skin flap will be best suitable.
• Step 2: A local anesthetic agent is administered to the specific area of scar revision.
• Step 3: A Z-shape or W-shape incision or slit is made considering the favorable length, thickness, and angle.
• Step 4: The doctor then repositions the skin flaps to disrupt the linear shape of the scar.
• Step 5: As the final step, the flaps are stitched up with a suture.
W-Plasty and Z-Plasty surgical procedures are the two best choices in terms of scar revision. At Scar Healing Institute, which is the best scar revision clinic in California, the professionals take care of every aspect related to Z and W-Plasty. Starting from pre-surgery steps to post-surgery care, everything here is coordinated by a bunch of top dermatologist at Beverly Hills. It’s an absolutely reliable technique useful for scar revisions.
If you are willing to make a drastic change in the appearance of your scar then this surgery is apt for you. However, it is not recommended for you if you are not ready to quit smoking, or have an active skin infection or disease. The treatment is also used with precaution on patients who have a history of keloid scarring.
It’s not unknown that plastic surgeries involve a plethora of risks or downsides. When it comes to W-Plasty and Z-Plasty scar revision surgeries, below are the risks you should know before getting it done:
• Flap Necrosis.
• Formation of Hematoma under the flaps.
• Infection in the stitched site.
• Flap sloughing due to high wound tension.
• Trapdoor effect or the elevation of central tissue because of a surrounding scar’s downward contraction.
• Fatal for people suffering from already existing medical conditions like skin irritation, poorly managed diabetes.
In most cases, our patients recover within 1 to 2 weeks after Z-Plasty Scar revision. The same happens in case of W-Plasty scar revision. Redness and swelling resolve within this timeframe only. After it’s healed, we can remove the stitches. It will take approximately 1 year for the closed wound to heal gradually. You may come across some depigmentation but worry not since it will vanish on its own.
After getting Z-Plasty or W-Plasty surgery done, we advise you to adopt the following care instructions:
• Take antibiotics or Over-The-Counter medications if needed.
• Apply cold wraps to the treatment site for managing the pain.
• Prevent the area from coming in contact with water for 48-72 hours.
• Until and unless our experts specify, do not apply any moisturizers, ointments, or lotions. However, change the dressing or band-aids at regular intervals.
• Limit the sun exposure by reducing the outdoor activities between 10 AM to 4 PM. If you have to go outside, use an umbrella, or hat for add-on protection.
• Till the suture heals, refrain from excessive exercise as it could stretch the tissues in the area or form sweat.
Well, the W-Plasty and Z-Plasty scar revision cost depends on a range of factors. This includes the seriousness, the depth as well as the location of the scar. For instance, scars in areas like the back, joints, and forehead are susceptible to more tension. This calls for the need for complex surgical techniques.
In case you want to know more details about the cost structure, you can visit Scar Healing Institute, the center of best scar treatment in California, and talk to the consultants and doctors. You can expect an overall idea of the Z-Plasty and W-Plasty scar revision cost after a thorough assessment of your scar.
Z-Plasty and W-Plasty surgeries are globally accepted scar revision techniques. We have detailed below the exact complications which they work upon:
• The linear scar contractures.
• Reduces the length of the scars.
• Closes cutaneous defects.
• Repositions malpositioned tissues.
• Corrects stenosis.
The procedures get completed in a single session at Scar Healing Institute, the top-notch skin clinic for scar removal. Although you’ll have to visit us again to get the stitches removed after the treated area heals up.
If any further complication arises in the sutured site, it’s advisable to get it examined by experts at Scar Healing Institute, the place for best scar removal in California. It’s evident that both these surgeries are quite less-time consuming and cost-effective.
You will feel some pain and discomfort in the treated area of your skin. During the surgery, you won’t feel any major pain since the experts will give a local anesthetic. Nonetheless, during the course of recovery, you may feel an itching or burning sensation upon going into the sun or applying external cosmetic products. The skin tension in the particular area can also cause some sort of pain, but it will disappear with time.
To be very precise, a Z-Plasty and W-Plasty scar revision treatment ensures permanent results. The reduction in the scar visibility will start becoming evident after two weeks of surgery. After a year, you will find that the scar line or the suture mark is finally gone.
For a better reliability, the dedicated team of professionals at Scar Healing Institute will give you some demonstration. This includes showing you W-Plasty and Z-plasty scar revision before and after images during consultation.
Yes, W-Plasty and Z-Plasty scar revision are two specialized plastic surgeries to treat scar marks permanently. At Scar Healing Institute, the best scar treatment center in California, these surgeries are conducted under the responsibility of experienced dermatologists.
The operation happens after a thorough examination of the scars at the beginning. Furthermore, it involves a myriad of sub-stages, preventive care steps, and after-surgery care guidelines.